1. Ghafory-Ashtiany, M. (2006) Earthquake risk in Iran and risk reduction achievement from Manjil
earthquake to post-bam strategy. 8th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake.
2. Statistical center of Iran. [Online]. Available:http://www.amar.org.ir .
3. Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA) [Online].Available: http: //www. isna.ir .
4. Ghafory-Ashtiany, M. (2010) Earthquake Risk Management Insurance. Proceeding of UNESCORELEMR Seismicity and Earthquake Engineering in
the Extended Mediterranean Region Workshop,Ankara, Istanbul, June, 21-24.
5. Sadeghi, M., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., Ghafory-Ashtiany,M. (2015) Evaluation of earthquake mitigation
measures to reduce economic and human losses: a case study to residential property owners in the metropolitan area of Shiraz, Iran. Nat. Hazards., 78,
6. Sadeghi, M., Ghafory-Ashtiany, M., and PakdelLahiji, N. (2017) Multi-objective optimization approach to define risk layer for seismic mitigation,
Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 8(2), 257-270, DOI: 10.1080/19475705.2016.1199446.
7. Central Insurance of Iran. [Online]. Available: http://www.centinsur.ir. .
8. Standard code No. 2800 (2005) Iranian Seismic Building Code, 3rd Edition. Building and Housing Research Center, Tehran (in Persian).
9. Walker, G.R. (2000) Earthquake engineering and insurance: past, present and future, 12WCEE.
10. Amendola, A., Ermoliev, Y., Ermolieva, T. Y., Gitis, V., Koff, G., and Linnerooth-Bayer, J. (2000) A
systems approach to modeling catastrophic risk and insurability. Nat. Hazards, 21, 381–393.
11. Scawthorn, C., Kunreuther, H., and Roth Jr., R. (2003) Insurance and financial risk transfer. W.-F Chen. and
C, Scawthorn (eds.), Earthquake Engineering Handbook, CRC Press, Chapter 32.
12. Petseti, A. and Nektarios, M. (2012) Proposal for a national earthquake insurance programme for Greece.
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance—Issues and Practice, 37(2), 377–400.
13. Zhi, Z. and Ting, W. (2011) Selection and design for earthquake catastrophe insurance system in China.
China Soft Science, (1), 17–24.
14. Xue, Q., Chen, C.C. and Chen, K.C. (2010) Damage and loss assessment for the basic earthquake insurance
claim of residential RC buildings in Taiwan. Journal of Building Appraisal, 6(3), 213–226, doi:10.1057/jba.2010.23.
15. Chena, C.C., Xue, Q., Shih, F.M. and Chi, W.C.(2011) Development of total loss claim determination
information system for reinforced concrete for residential earthquake basic insurance in Taiwan.Procedia Engineering, 14(1), 1408–1416.
16. UNISDR, From Shared Risk to Shared Value—The Business Case for Disaster Risk Reduction, Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction,
Geneva, Switzerland: United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) (2013) [Online].
Available: www.preventionweb.net/english/hyogo/gar/2013/?pid:34&pil:1, [1 June 2014].
17. Zolfaghari, M. (2003) Catastrophe Risk Management, an insurance-Based post disaster recovery plan.
Proceeding of the Forth International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, Tehran, Iran.
18. Ghafory-Ashtiany, M., Naser-Asadi, K. (2011) Earthquake Premium Index Evaluation for Buildings
in Iran. Proceeding of 1st International Conference of Integrated Research on Disaster Risk, Beijing, China.
19. Ghafory-Ashtiany, M. and Naser-Asadi, K. (2011) Iran new earthquake insurance index-final management
report. Insurance faculty: Contract No. 1925-16, Tehran, Iran.
20. Sadeghi, M., Ghafory-Ashtiany, M., Pakdel-Lahiji, N. (2015) Developing seismic vulnerability curves
for typical Iranian buildings. J. Risk Reliab., 229(1), 627-640.
21. Walker, G.R. (1995) Insurance as a tool for reducing natural hazard impact. Insurance Viability & Loss
Mitigation. (Ed. N.R. Britton, J. McDonald & J. Oliver), Alexander Howden Reinsurance Brokers (Australia), 211-223.
22. Swiss Re. (1996) An Introduction to Reinsurance.Zurich, Swiss Reinsurance Company.
23. Andersen, T.J. (2001) Managing Economic Exposures of Natural Disasters: Exploring Alternative Financial Risk Opportunities and
Instruments. Washington DC, IDB.
24. Froot, K.A. (ed.) (1999) The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, Chicago: University of Chicago Press: FEMA.
25. Swiss Re. (1997) Too little reinsurance of natural disasters in many markets. Zurich, Swiss Reinsurance Company.
26. Hochrainer, S. (2006) Macroeconomic Risk Management against Natural Disasters. Wiesbaden, Germany: German University Press (DUV).
27. Pakdel-Lahiji, N., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., GhaforyAshtiany, M., Sadeghi, M. (2014) Consequences of financial vulnerability and insurance loading for the
affordability of earthquake insurance systems: evidence from Iran. Geneva papers on risk and insurance—issues and practice.
28. Grossi, P., Kunreuther, H., Windeler, D. (2005) Catastrophe Modeling, a New Approach. New York:Springer.
29. Pollner, J. (2001) Honduras Catastrophe Risk Management. Using Alternative Risk Financing and Insurance Pooling Mechanisms. Research working
paper 2560. Washington DC, World Bank.
30. Mechler, R. (2004) Natural Disaster Risk Management and Financing Disaster Losses in Developing Countries. Karlsruhe, Verlag Versicherungswirtschaft GmbH
31. Woo, G. (2002) Natural Catastrophe Probable Maximum Loss. British Actuarial Journal, Volume 8, Part V.
32. Sadeghi, M., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., GhaforyAshtiany, M., Pakdel-Lahiji, N. (2014) Earthquake risk modeling for the evaluation of losses to property
owners in the metropolitan area of Shiraz. Proceedings of the 10th U.S. National Conference in Earthquake Engineering. Anchorage (AK):
Earthquake Engineering Research Institute.doi:10.4231/ D38W3831V.
33. Pakdel-Lahiji, N., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., GhaforyAshtiany, M., and Sadeghi, M. (2014) Risk management strategies for managing natural disaster
risks: a case study in Shiraz City, Iran. Proceedings of the 10th U.S. National Conference in Earthquake Engineering. Anchorage (AK): Earthquake Engineering
Research Institute. doi:10.4231/D32F7JR7R.