1. Tsompanakis, Y., Lagros, N., Psarropoulos, P., and Georgopoulos, E. (2009) Simulating the seismic response of embankments via artificial neural. Advances in Engineering Software, 40(8), 640-651.
2. Lagaros, N.D. and Tsompanakis, Y. (eds.) (2006) Intelligent Computational Paradigms in Earthquake Engineering. Idea Publishers.
3. Papadrakakis, M., Lagaros, N.D., and Tsompanakis, Y. (1998) Structural optimization using evolution strategies and neural networks. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 156(1-4), 309-333.
4. Tsompanakis, Y., Lagaros, N.D., and Stavroulakis, G.E. (2008) Soft computing techniques in parameter identification and probabilistic seismic analysis of structures. Advances in Engineering Software, 39(7), 612-624.
5. Stavroulakis, G.E., Foutsitzi, G., Hadjigeorgiou, E., Marinova, D., and Baniotopoulos, C.C. (2005) Design and robust optimal control of smart beams with application on vibration suppression. Advances in Engineering Software, 36(11-12), 806-813.
6. Gonzlez, M.P. and Zapico, J.L. (2008) Seismic damage identification in buildings using neural networks and modal data. Computers and Structures, 86(3-5), 416-426.
7. Fang, X. and Luo, H., and Tang, J. (2005) Structural damage detection using neural network with learning rate improvement. Computers and Structures, 83(25-26), 2150-2161.
8. Kao, C.Y. and Shih-Lin, H. (2003) Detection of structural damage via free vibration responses generated by approximating artificial neural networks. Computers and Structures, 81(28-29), 2631-2644.
9. Kallassy, A. (2003) A new neural network for response estimation. Computers and Structures, 81(26-27), 2417-2429.
10. Chen, Q., Chan, Y.W., and Worden, K. (2003) Structural fault diagnosis and isolation using neural networks based on response-only data. Computers and Structures, 81(22-23), 2165-2172.
11. Kuz´niar, K. and Waszczyszyn, Z. (2003) Neural simulation of dynamic response of prefabricated buildings subjected to paraseismic excitations. Computers and Structures, 81(24-25), 2353-2360.
12. Cardoso, J.B., Almeida, J.R., Dias, J.M., and Coelho, P.G. (2008) Structural reliability analysis using Monte Carlo simulation and neural networks. Advances in Engineering Software, 39(6), 505-513.
13. Chau, K.W. (2007) Reliability and performance-based design by artificial neural network. Advances in Engineering Software, 38(3), 145-149.
14. Chau, K.W. (2007) Application of a PSO-based neural network in analysis of outcomes of construction claims. Automat Construct, 16(5), 642-646.
15. Wu, C.L. and Chau, K.W. (2006) A flood forecasting neural network model with genetic algorithm. International Journal Environmental Pollution, 28(3-4), 261-273.
16. Chouicha, M.A., Siller, T.J., and Charlie, W.A. (1994) An expert-system approach to liquefaction analysis: 2. Evaluation. Computers and Geotechnics, 16(1), 37-69.
17. Goh, A.T.C. (1994) Seismic liquefaction potential assessed by neural networks. ASCE Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 120(9), 1467-1480.
18. Wang, J. and Rahman, M.S. (1999) A neural network model for liquefaction-induced horizontal ground displacement. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 18(8), 555-568.
19. Baziar, M.H. and Nilipour, N. (2003) Evaluation of liquefaction potential using neural networks and CPT results. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 23(7), 631-636.
20. Hurtado, J.E., Londono, J.M., and Meza, M.A. (2001) On the applicability of neural networks for soil dynamic amplification analysis. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 21(7), 579-591.
21. Garcia, S.R., Romo, M.P., and Sarmiento, N. (2002) Modeling ground motion in Mexico City using artificial neural networks. Geofísica Internacional, 42(2), 173-183.
22. Paolucci, R., Colli, P., and Giacinto, G. (2002) Assessment of seismic site effects in 2-D alluvial valleys using neural networks. Earthquake Spectra, 16(3), 661-680.
23. Garcia, S.R. and Romo, M.P. (2004) Dynamic soil properties identification using earthquake records: a NN approximation. Proceedings of the 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, Paper No.1817.
24. Kerh, T. and Ting, S.B. (2005) Neural network estimation of ground peak acceleration at stations along Taiwan high-speed rail system. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 18(7), 857-866.
25. Lin, C.C.J. and Ghaboussi, J. (2001) Generating multiple spectrum compatible accelerograms using stochastic neural networks. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 30(7), 1021-1042.
26. Seung, C.L. and Sang, W.H. (2002) Neural-network-based models for generating artificial earthquakes and response spectra. Computers and Structures, 80(20-21), 1627-1038.
27. Rajasekaran, S. and David, V.K. (2007) MicroARTMAP for pattern recognition problems. Advances in Engineering Software, 38(10), 698-709.
28. Ziemianski, L. (2003) Hybrid neural network/ finite-element modelling of wave propagation in infinite domains. Computers and Structures, 81(8-11), 1099-1109.
29. Kerh, T. and Chu, D. (2002) Neural networks approach and microtremor measurements in estimating peak ground acceleration due to strong motion. Advances in Engineering Software, 33(11-12), 733-742.
30. Ozerdem, M.S., Ustundag, B., and Demirer, R.M. (2006) Self-organized maps based neural networks for detection of possible earthquake precursory electric field patterns. Advances in Engineering Software, 37(4), 207-217.
31. Psarropoulos, P.N., Tsompanakis, Y., and Karabatsos, Y. (2007) Effects of local site conditions on the seismic response of municipal solid waste landfills. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 27(6), 553-563.
32. Newmark, N.M. (1965) Effects of earthquakes on dams and embankments. Geotechnique, 15(2), 139-160.
33. Makdisi, F.I. and Seed, H.B. (1978) Simplified procedure for estimating dam and embankment earthquake induced deformations. ASCE Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, 104(7), 849-867.
34. EN 1998-1:2003 (2003) Eurocode 8: Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance. Part 1: General Rules, Seismic Actions and Rules for Buildings. Commission of the European Communities, European Committee for Standardization.
35. EAK 2000 (2000) Greek Seismic Design Code. Greek Ministry of Public Works, Athens, Greece.
36. Kramer, S.L. (1996) Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. New Jersey, Prentice Hall.
37. Dynamic Modelling with QUAKE/W 2007 (2007) User Manual Fourth Edition. Geo-Slope International Ltd. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
38. Haykin, S. (1999) Neural Networks. Prentice Hall, New Jersey, USA.
39. MacKay, D.J.C. (1992) A practical Bayesian framework for back prop networks. Neural Computation, 4(3), 448-472.
40. Schiffmann, W., Joost, M., and Werner, R. (1993) Optimization of the Back-Propagation Algorithm for Training Multi-Layer Perceptrons. Technical Report, University of Koblenz, Institute of Physics.
41. Riedmiller, M. and Braun, H. (1993) A direct adaptive method for faster back-propagation learning: the RPROP algorithm. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (ICNN), San Francisco, 586-591.
42. Riedmiller, M. (1994) Advanced supervised learning in multi-layer perceptions – from backpropagation to adaptive learning algorithms. International Journal of Computer Standards and Interfaces - Special Issue on Neural Networks, 16, 265-278.